Monday, June 1, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Morgan Freeman


Morgan Porterfield Freeman, Jr. (born June 1, 1937)

Today's subject of
The MMOB Daily Quote is an esteemed actor, director, narrator and jazz afficionado. He also happened to star in one of my favorite movies of all time The Shawshank Redemption.

With that in mind, here's a short clip from that film to get us started.



And now, some quotes from Mr. Freeman to get us going on this Monday morning.

"Acting means living, it's all I do and all I'm good at. If I weren't getting paid well, I would still be acting in a small troupe somewhere."

"All my life, all my life that I can, as far back as I can remember, I saw my first movie when I was six years old. And since then I wanted to do that. I wanted to be a part of that."

"And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they're going to go and see the story you're in."

"I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving."

"I can only be so long without work before I start getting antsy."

"I find it difficult to watch myself... I find it boring."

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: