Saturday, June 20, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Errol Flynn


Errol Leslie Flynn (June 20, 1909 – October 14, 1959)

Today's subject of
The MMOB Daily Quote is a swashbuckling actor and self-style ladies man. I can remember watching his daring swordplay on Sunday reruns of his old movies. Tame stuff by today's standards, but inspiration for many a duel with sticks in the backyard with my brothers.

Here's a funny
YouTube piece showing Errol laughing (lots of it) in Robin Hood



And now, here are a few quotes from Mr. Flynn to make your Saturday a little more interesting.

"Any man who has $10,000 left when he dies is a failure."

"I had now made about 45 pictures, but what had I become? I knew all too well: a phallic symbol. All over the world I was, as a name and personality, equated with sex."

"I like my whisky old and my women young."

"It isn't what they say about you, it's what they whisper."

"My father was never anti-anything in our house."

"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income."

"The public has always expected me to be a playboy, and a decent chap never lets his public down."

"Women won't let me stay single and I won't let me stay married."


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: