Monday, June 15, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Jim Belushi


James Adam "Jim" Belushi (born June 15, 1954)

Today's subject of
The MMOB Daily Quote is primarily known as an film and TV actor. But since he's also the brother of John Belushi, star of the classics Animal House and The Blues Brothers I thought he might have some interesting quotes. And, since I have the small distinction of having attended the same High School as his current TV wife, Courtney Thorne-Smith, way back in the 80's I figured why not give him his MMOB day in the spotlight.

To get us started, I figured you might enjoy this short
YouTube piece that reduces the first six years of Jim's sitcom According to Jim into a mere 90 seconds. We all need a fun way to get going on a Monday morning anyway...



And now, some words according to Jim

"We (the Chicago Cubs) have a lot of starting pitching now ... Ted [Lilly] and I were talking about it today, that the last time all five starters made at least 30 starts was the 2001 or '02 Mariners. You need starting pitching. [Carlos Zambrano's] out two weeks -- it just happens. It's always a luxury to have starting pitching."

"I didn't think we'd get picked up, are you kidding? We just fell into a lucky streak."
- about According to Jim lasting eight seasons, longer than Seinfeld, The Mary Tyler Moore Show and I love Lucy.

"I just love dancing with a grown, six-foot-two Canadian man." - talking about performing as a Blues Brother with Dan Akroyd

"There's a slew of people who write the nastiest things."

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: