Sunday, June 7, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Dean Martin


Dean Martin (born Dino Paul Crocetti; June 7, 1917 – December 25, 1995)

Today's subject of
The MMOB Daily Quote is singer, actor, comedian and notorious Rat Packer Dean Martin. His good looks, Italian heritage and "man's man" attitude helped make him a bigger than life personality who was apparently very popular with the ladies.


Here's a video clip providing a glimpse of some of that trademark "Dean-O" charm.



And now, some Dean Martin quotes:

“it was a woman who drove me to drink, come to think of it I never did hang around to thank her for that'

'Hey lady! do I look all blurry to you? 'Cause you look blurry to me!'”

“If you drink don't drive. Don't even putt.”

“I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day.”

“I once shook hands with Pat Boone and my whole right side sobered up.”

“Milton Berle is an inspiration to every young person that wants to get into show business. Hard work, perseverance, and discipline: all the things you need...when you have no talent.”

“I've got seven kids. The three words you hear most around my house are 'hello,' 'goodbye,' and 'I'm pregnant'”

“There's a statue of Jimmy Stewart in the Hollywood Wax Museum, and the statue talks better than he does.”

“When Jerry Lewis and I were big, we used to go to parties, and everybody thought I was big-headed and stuck up, and I wasn't. It was because I didn't know how to speak good English, so I used to keep my mouth shut.”


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: