Saturday, June 13, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Tim Allen


Tim Allen (born Timothy Allen Dick on June 13, 1953)

The subject of today's
MMOB Daily Quote is an all-around funnyman and actor who is also the voice of Buzz Lightyear (at least in the movies, that role went to Patrick Warburton in the traditionally animated TV show)

We all got to know him as
Tim "The Tool-Man" Taylor in the sitcom Home Improvement. He moved on to the big screen where he's starred in The Santa Clause films, lent his voice to the two Toy Story pictures, and acted in a handful of others.

My sons are excited (well, at least Danny is) about hearing him again as Buzz Lightyear in next years sequel
Toy Story 3. I also understand that he will be in a sequel to Wild Hogs next year as well. Maybe I'll catch that one on DVD.

Here's a clip of Mr. Allen being interviewed by
Michael Eisner, of all people, to get us started on a fine June Saturday morning.


Watch Tim Allen interviewed by Michael Eisner in Entertainment

And now, some quips from Tim Allen.

"Dad needs to show an incredible amount of respect and humor and friendship toward his mate so the kids understand their parents are sexy, they're fun, they do things together, they're best friends. Kids learn by example. If I respect Mom, they're going to respect Mom."

"Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn't go far didn't see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded."

"Men are liars. We'll lie about lying if we have to. I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."

"My mom said the only reason men are alive is for lawn care and vehicle maintenance."

"Never comment on a woman's rear end. Never use the words "large" or "size" with "rear end." Never. Avoid the area altogether. Trust me."

"While awaiting sentencing, I decided to give stand-up comedy a shot. The judge had suggested I get my act together, and I took him seriously. "

"Women are like cars: we all want a Ferrari, sometimes want a pickup truck, and end up with a station wagon."

"Women now have choices. They can be married, not married, have a job, not have a job, be married with children, unmarried with children. Men have the same choice we've always had: work, or prison."


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: