Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Christopher Cross


Christopher Cross (Born June 3, 1951)

Before the advent of
MTV and my own need to be cool about my musical taste, there was a great album put out by Christopher Cross that I listened to over-and-over again. I still look back with vivid memories of playing the record on my little turntable in my room. Unfortunately, since he wasn't the telegenic, cool-looking type he didn't get play on MTV and his subsequent records didn't do nearly as well. Too bad, because he is a genuine talent.

For a little proof, check out this
YouTube clip showing Mr. Cross playing his classic Sailing live. Good stuff.



And now, a couple of quotes from Mr. Cross.

"I think MTV put a huge dent in the songwriting craft."

"If you can't play it on an acoustic guitar or a grand piano then it's not a song."


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: