Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - Wild Bill Hickok


James Butler Hickok (May 27, 1837 – August 2, 1876)

Today's second
MMOB Daily Quote spotlights the famous western gunfighter and lawman who was originally known as "Duck Bill" because of his protruding upper lip and large nose before he grew his signature mustache and renamed himself "Wild Bill".

To start, here's a video photo gallery of Mr. Hickok from
YouTube.



And here are today's quotes from Wild Bill.


“The dead man's hand.”

“He's a very nice man. Big. I mean bigger than life.”

"Agnes Darling, if such should be we never meet again, while firing my last shot, I will gently breathe the name of my wife - Agnes - and with wishes even for my enemies I will make the plunge and try to swim to the other shore."

"My dearly beloved if I am to die today and never see the sweet face of you I want you to know that I am no great man and am lucky to have such a woman as you."


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: