Saturday, May 23, 2009

Doing Stuff - Day at the Rosicrucian Museum

Thursday, I had the chance to finally visit the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum & Planetarium in San Jose, California. Since I never made the time to go there when Carrie and I lived in Santa Clara or San Jose, I was thrilled when I learned that my boys would be taking a field trip to visit the venue along with The Tech Museum of Innovation. Since I covered The Tech in an earlier posting on Leonardo da Vinci I thought that I would post my pictures from the Egyptian Museum. I would have taken more, including some of the unique recreation of a burial chamber, but my iPhone ran out of power part way through the tour.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the shots included here.











































































A cat mummy!
These next three are from a recreation of the Rosetta stone








These last two are from the Mesopotamian section



Cheers!
- Jason

No comments: