Thursday, May 28, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - John Fogerty

John Cameron Fogerty (born May 28, 1945)

Today's first
MMOB Daily Quote spotlights the American rocker best known for his classic work with Creedence Clearwater Revival.

So, I can think of no better way than to kick-start the day than to rock out with a little video. Here is a
YouTube clip with John and Keith Urban performing the baseball themed Centerfield. Make sure to check out the cool baseball-shaped guitar!



And now, here are this morning's quotes from Mr. Fogerty.

"Even though I have often recorded alone, I still feel the best music is made by musicians playing off each other."

"I thought what I was good at doing was playing real simple guitar licks, since I'd cut my teeth on what Duane Eddy was doing; licks that were simple but had staying power."

"I usually destroy unreleased material. It has a way of coming back to haunt you."

"I'm much more energetic now; you might say live performance is my mission."

"I've studied a lot of great people over the years - Pete Seeger, James Brown - and tried to incorporate elements that I've admired, though I can't say I dance like James."

"No, but I've always felt that with true talent, and a commitment to hard work, it is possible to achieve an enduring respect and appreciation. In other words, I don't take my fans for granted."

"And I now think that Stratocasters and Telecasters are way cool."

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: