Friday, July 10, 2009

Pixar Animation Studios Tour


On Tuesday, my sons and I had the unique opportunity to tour the Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville, California. Here's a great big MMOB CHEERS! to Shauna for getting us the tickets.

We spent about an hour and half with our tour guide checking out all the Pixar movie related statues, creations and art of all forms in their one-of-a-kind offices and getting the scoop on the stories behind the scenes. Let's just say my son Danny was bouncing off the walls because of the chance to see all the stuff and display his encyclopedic knowledge of all things Pixar.

I was able to take photos around the building and captured a lot of the art on display on the first floor. You can check it all out on my new
Minding My Own Beeswax photo site on Shutterfly. Unfortunately, I was allowed to take shots of the unique art on the second floor, which consisted of concept drawings, maquettes, wall paintings, signage, storyboards, you name it...

Here's a couple of fun shots to whet your appetite!

A couple of cars from Cars

The real Mr. Incredible with his namesake

The Pixar cafeteria - I could eat there every day!

Arts & Crafts style for the mailroom. Nice touch!

The boys playing pool under an Up wall painting.


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: