Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote

Interesting quotes from people born on July 28th

“Man is only miserable so far as he thinks himself so.” Jacopo Sannazaro

“I see / The lost are like this, and their scourge to be / As I am mine, their sweating selves; but worse.” Gerald Manley Hopkins

“Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.” Beatrix Potter

“Genuine forgiveness does not deny anger but faces it head-on.” Alice Miller

“Contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.” Alice Miller

“I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste.” Marcel Duchamp

“Good God, if our civilization were to sober up for a couple of days it'd die of remorse on the third.” Malcolm Lowry

“Do not fear death... only the unlived life.
You don't have to live forever;
You just have to live.”
Natalie Babbitt

“The game is to invite the biggest jerk you know to a dinner. So everyone brings jerks, and the best one wins.” Francis Veber

“The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.” Robert Hughes

“Trying to take money out of politics is like trying to take jumping out of basketball.” Bill Bradley (pictured)

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: