Friday, July 31, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote

Interesting quotes from people born on July 31st

“I am not afraid of a pack of lions being led by a sheep, but I am afriad of a pack of sheep led by a lion.” Alexander the Great

“To be successful in life what you need is education, not literacy and degrees.” Munshi Premchand

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.” Milton Friedman

“An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” Irv Kupcinet

“I live in my house as I live inside my skin: I know more beautiful, more ample, more sturdy and more picturesque skins: but it would seem to me unnatural to exchange them for mine.” Primo Levi

“Their future is ahead of them.” Curt Gowdy (pictured)

“It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” Whitney M. Young, Jr.

People understand contests. You take a bunch of kids throwing rocks at random and people look askance, but if you go and hold a rock-throwing contest - people understand that.” Don Murray

“I never thought Howard Stern would say 'Paul Anka is cool.' But he did.” Paul Anka

“Government, obviously, cannot fill a child's emotional needs. Nor can it fill his spiritual and moral needs. Government is not a father or mother. Government has never raised a child, and it never will.” William Bennett

“I'd rather have a small part in a good film with good people than play the lead in something I don't really care for.” Michael Biehn

“It matters not what a person is born, but who they choose to be.” Joanne Kathleen Rowling

“Drugs are marvelous if you want to escape, but reality is so rich, why escape?” Geraldine Chaplin

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: