Saturday, August 8, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - August 8th

Today's interesting quotes from people born on August 8th

“Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth or the only truth.” Charles A. Dana

“I would rather die standing than live on my knees!” Emiliano Zapata

“Life is but thought.” Sara Teasdale

“A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one” Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

“In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.” Paul Dirac

“I took the eye test and passed it on the spot. Then, when he asked me to sign something, I pulled out my reading glasses.” Benny Carter (pictured)

“Many great things indeed have been achieved by those who chose not to leap into the mainstream.” Joan Mondale

“I decided to become an actor because I was failing in school and I needed the credits.” Dustin Hoffman

“When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news.” Charles A. Dana

Cheers! - Jason

No comments: