Monday, September 28, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - September 28th


Today's interesting quotes from people born on September 28th


“I have sat at the sumptuous tables of power, but I have not run away with the silverware.” Diosdado Macapagal


“I never thought about being a writer as I grew up. A writer wasn't something I wanted to be. An outfielder was something to be. Most of what I know about style I learned from Roberto Clemente.” John Sayles (pictured)


“Touch but a cobweb in Westminster Hall, and the old spider of the law is out upon you with all his vermin at his heels.” Henry Fox


“Everything I know I learned after I was thirty.” Georges Clemenceau


“It does make a difference what you call things.” Kate Douglas Wiggin


“As soon as you take money for playing sport, it isn't sport, it's work.” Avery Brundage


“Of such extraordinary doings are champions made.” Ed Sullivan


“Great poetry is always written by somebody straining to go beyond what he can do.” Stephen Spender


“The public is like a piano. You just have to know what keys to poke.” Al Capp


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: