Friday, September 18, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - September 18th


Today's interesting quotes from people born on September 18th


“Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind.” Samuel Johnson


“Be brief, be pointed, let your matter stand lucid in order, solid and at hand; spend not your words on trifles but condense; strike with the mass of thought, not drops of sense; press to the close with vigor, once begun." Joseph Story


“Pen and ink is wit's plough.” John Clarke


“Unlike other people, our reviewers are powerful because they believe in nothing.” Harold Clurman


“The truest expression of a people is in its dances and its music. Bodies never lie.” Agnes De Mille


“Failure is good. It's fertilizer. Everything I've learned about coaching, I've learned from making mistakes.” Rick Pitino


“I just don't think I'm that interesting. I don't think what I have to say is that interesting. To hear me go blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I mean, who... cares?” James Gandolfini (pictured)


“Is there anything better than to be longing for something, when you know it is within reach?” Greta Garbo


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: