Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The MMOB Daily Quote - October 13th


Today's interesting quotes from people born on October 13th


“In England there are sixty different religions, and only one sauce.” Francesco Caracciolo


“Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.” Elias Root Beadle


“Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.” Margaret Thatcher


"My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she is ugly? You're ugly.'" Beverly Johnson


“If a book doesn't grab me in the first chapter, I may not bother with it... As writers we're told that you have to catch readers in the first paragraph, but that is easier said than done.” Edwina Currie


“I won't say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner. We used to write essays like: What I'm going to be if I grow up.” Lenny Bruce (pictured)


“Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard?” Paul Simon


Cheers! - Jason

No comments: